Pageant Queen Has An Unwaveringly Resilient Spirit
Author: DAILYMAIL.COM REPORTER
Published On: 11/26/2019
- Brianna Worden was diagnosed with Neurofibromatosis (NF) as a baby
- The disorder means the left side of her body is covered in tumors inside and out
- The singer and psychology graduate, 22, won Miss Teen New York in 2013
- Upstate New York native has cancer and recently lost her voice for six months
- Brianna was told by doctors she would likely never talk or eat solid foods
- Thanks to speech therapy and determination, her voice returned
- The advocate wants to use her platform to educate people about NF
A young woman who has battled severe sickness throughout her life has revealed how her unwaveringly resilient spirit has carried her through some unbelievably difficult times.
Brianna Worden, from upstate New York, was diagnosed with Neurofibromatosis (NF) Type One when she was just two months old; the condition means her entire left side from the neck down is covered in tumors – both inside and out.
The 22-year-old, who loves to sing, has undergone 10 surgical procedures in her life already, having to learn to walk again at eight years old and even learning to speak once more after a particularly difficult surgery recently.
Read more here.